free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 25 November 2013

Time for T

Of course, it goes without saying that my favorite T word is "Troy"

But after that it becomes less clear. 

But one T word I do NOT like is "Time"

Now, owning an herb business, I hear more than my fair share of Time/Thyme jokes.  And I even make a few myself. But although I love Thyme, Time leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

It makes my hair grey, (what little I have left that is)  gives me wrinkles and creaky joints, and contrary to popular belief, it does NOT heal all ills.

It teases, taunts and torments, then slips away and hides.  I can never find time.  And that is because Time flies, and I do not.

So, Time has been flying along, and it is already time to reveal the logo for the next round, round 14.

But before I do, I just want to explain it a bit, and I confess, I can do it better if I don't focus on T words, so please forgive me in advance.

Now this will be a longer intro than usual, please be patient with me.

The upcoming round is 14, so I wanted to do something that represented the number 14.

Numbers are funny things, because they mean lots of different things to lots of different people.  But the number 14 has some fun symbolism associated with it.



Let's go back a step... To the number 7.  A "magic" number, seven also represents the number of days in a week.  but when you take two sevens together, you get a 14.

Now imagine our two sevens are facing each other, kind of like this:

And now we have a symbol that closely resembles the one commonly known as the Yin-Yang symbol.


So, although there are probably lots of other reasons why the number 14 represents  Yin-Yang, I am going to go with that one because it makes sense to me.

Yin-Yang is used to represent the philosophy that for everything there is an opposite, and both are necessary for balance, so you cannot have heat without cold, cannot have light without dark, and cannot have good without bad.

And ancient Chinese philosophy teaches that balance of all things different and opposite is a good thing..

This board is a collection of many people, places and things; all of us different and yet, when we come together, we create a balance.

So keeping that in mind, This will be our logo for round 14.




And, because Time flies, I still need to do some fine tuning  and smoothing the rough edges.  Look for the final draft to be available in multiple sizes, before week X. 

Now let's see what kind of T's you have in your world this week.





***





16 comments:

  1. This time I talk about toys too - with a timeline of toys. And while on time, thank you to the ABCWednesday TEAM for all their time taken to make this an awesome place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why we call you Troy Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Troy! This is your best one yet! Love the new logo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tantalising Troy! Way to go my terrific chappie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too Good !

    PhenoMenon
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2013/11/temple-of-belur/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Troy a name or a world? It's beautiful!
    I didn't find this on translate (sorry, I'm Brazilian). I liked your posts, now I'm following you!
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the new logo is very unique and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your association behind the number "14" and the Ying and Yang symbol made perfect sense to me - isn't that scary? LOL! Anyway, as to time, I always say that the only thing I want from my 20's is my trim and very healthy body. However, I appreciate the wisdom, knowledge, and maturity that comes with time. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative with the logo. I'm already thinking about round 14, also. Considering A-Z teachers. You know how I like a good theme.

    Janis
    Greensboro (NC) Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, mine did "yin and yang," in the holiday tradition... Hey, you asked for it, Roger! Ha ha, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the logo. This thing about balance in the universe is very very fascinating. Super intro.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Time does have a way to creep up on us - my gray is covered but I really earned them, like the new logo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Time seems to fly by. I can not believe that it is already December and 2013 is almost a memory with a new year soon to dawn.

    ReplyDelete